Everyone knows that it can be difficult as a student trying to balance your finances and keep in the black. Most students finish their schooling and go into their first real career driven job with a load of debt, and having to look into debt assistance. Although it is difficult to save on the tuition or book costs, there are a few ways you can try to optimize how far your money goes while you are in school.
Here are a few examples of ways to stretch your dollars as a student:
- Seek and purchase used textbooks when possible.
- Apply for bursaries, grants and as many scholarships as you.
- If applicable in your location, apply for debt forgiveness when you finished your schooling.
- Create a budget and keep to it!
- Don’t waste – especially food! Eat leftovers
Another great article for Students Looking to Save Money can be found at this Finance Care Services Blog.